Semi-permanent makeup has sky-rocketed in popularity over the past couple of years. More and more women are turning to the treatment to get a natural made up appearance.
Why? Well did you know that nearly two thirds of women sleep in their makeup so their partner doesn’t see them bare faced in the morning? Over 80% of females wait nearly a whole month before showing their man their natural look.
What is more, 8% of women go an entire year before baring their true beauty to a loved one.
As technology progress and societies change, it seems that British females want to put a lot of effort in to keep their partner from seeing them without makeup. Is that such a bad thing though?
Well on one hand it could be argued that it is a pity some women don’t feel confident enough to go au natural. However, on the other hand it could be contended that makeup can make ladies feel sexy and much more empowered. Surely men would be moaning if we didn’t put the effort in; and is it really that bad that we want to look at our best?
And it’s not just women that are turning to the treatment. Men as well are increasingly using semi-permanent makeup to enhance their natural beauty and look great, 24/7.
Here we take a look at what semi-permanent makeup entails and why it has become so widespread:
What is semi-permanent makeup?
- A type of cosmetic tattooing
- Uses pharmaceutical grade pigments that is applied to the skin
- Frame the face and give fuller more defined eyebrows
- Enhance the natural eye line
- Add colour to the lips and achieve fuller more defined lips
- Don’t have to carry around hoards of makeup or regularly apply it
- Don’t have to worry about smudging when sweating in the gym, or swimming
- Save money in the long-term by not having to buy new cosmetics
How long does it last for?
- The procedure, depending on the size of the area, takes around 90 minutes
- The colour will gradually fade and a retouch is recommended 4-6 weeks the initial treatment, and then every 12-18 months.
What do you think about the latest trend? If you have had it done, what was your experience and how has it had a positive impact on your life? We’d love to hear your stories!
This article was written by Lauren Grice on behalf of Face Clinic London, the go-to-specialists for semi-permanent make up. Our highly qualified technician, Rachel Pitman, has trained with Nouveau Contour- the industry leaders in semi-permanent cosmetics. For semi-permanent eyebrow, eyeliner and lip liner make up, visit the site today.