I love Monsoon, there’s something so elegant about the Monsoon dresses that I can’t help but go into the store whenever I walk past. It’s a safe bet that if I’m looking for a party dress, this is the placer you’ll find me first. I’ve put together a couple of party looks to give you some inspiration as Christmas looms ever closer.
A night on the town
1. Astrid Tunic – £159 – This amazing dress is glittery, simple and looks as if it would be very comfortable on a night out. It would also be a good choice for Christmas day as it’s not too clingy. Because of the sequins and the patterning, you’d need to keep your accessories simple.
2. Lucas Earring – £9 – Simple earrings will set off this outfit, especially if you intend to wear your hair up.
3. Sevron Shoes – £65 – These simple shoes don’t have too high a heel and the platform will make them easier to walk in than most court shoes. Great for dancing the night away in.
4. Hinton Clutch – £29 – I don’t actually own a clutch bag but I think having a simple one that goes with most outfits is a must. I think I need to get in touch with Father Christmas to talk about this.
A romantic dinner
1. Sequin Sleeve Jacket – £55 – This jacket would make a wonderful companion to most winter party outfits. It’s a simple black jacket but you get a bit of glamour from the sequin sleeves.
2. Meadow Dress – £75 – This is a perfect example of a Monsoon party dress. It’s elegant, beautiful and has a wonderful shape. It’s the sort of dress that can be worn with flats and a simple cardigan for a meal with family or can be dressed up with glittery accessories for a more opulent occasion.
3. Bur Necklace – £25 – This necklace would look great against the high neckline of the dress.
4. Flute Sandal – £59 – These shoes add glamour to the outfit. If you aren’t great with heels then the platform on these will be a bit forgiving but, after all, it’s Christmas and you will be sitting down to dinner.
5. Peaseblossom Clutch – £29 – This brings the whole outfit together and gives you somewhere to stash your phone, purse and lippie!
There’s a lot of blue on offer at Monsoon at the moment. It’s a colour that’s perfect for winter. If it’s your colour then I’d definitely suggest having a look at what’s on offer!